Recreational Boating Information for the Northwest
Covering Puget Sound & San Juan Islands
- #1 - Blind Island is a small, three-acre marine camping park located near the entrance of Blind Bay, Shaw Island. Approach the park from the northeast (ferry terminal) to access the four mooring buoys located on the south side. The 4 state park buoys are marked, all others are private. Picnic area, camping, no toilets or water.
- #2 - Just northeast of Orcas Island. Exposed to the straits, so choose a calm day. Mooring buoys, picnic area, toilets, fire rings. If you wish to stay the night, the west side might be the ticket.
- #3 - Good dock space, overnight moorage at the T-dock, restrooms, showers, pumpout. Nearby are hiking, picnic areas, groceries, laundromat. State park map.
- #4 - Just east of Deception Pass, 5 buoys, good anchorage. Shallow area, watch your charts.
- #5 - East of Decatur Island, 65 feet of dock space, 5 buoys, anchorage not very good, toilets, picnic area, hiking.
- #6 - West of Deer Harbor. Day & overnight mooring/camping. North-end has dock space, buoys & good anchorage. South-end has a few buoys and ok anchorage but subject to boat traffic. Picnic areas, toilets, great beaches, hiking and deer!
- #7 - Just southeast of Sucia & northeast of Orcas Island, float in Rolfe Cove, 2 buoys, toilet, water, good anchorage. A great destination!
- #8 - Due-North of Orcas Island. 2 buoys, toilets, campsites, only achorage is in Active Cove, can get rough because of the straits. Very popular destination.
- #9 - 2 miles northeast of Anacortes. Anchorage can be found on each side of the island. A few campsites, trail around the island.
- #10 - The park features primitive campsites and a vault toilet. Gas stoves are recommended. Only 1 park buoy. Watch you charts, shallow area.
- #11 -East shore of Lopez Island. 16 buoys for overnight stays, good anchorage, south side a bit more protected from boat traffic. The beach is great! A must stop if only for a few hours. State park map.
- #12 - Stuart Island State Park is an 85-acre marine camping park with 33,030 feet of shoreline. The park is part of the Cascadia Marine Trail and offers camping and moorage at Reid and Prevost harbors.
>Prevost Harbor @ Stuart Stuart:
- #12 - Prevost on the east side of Stuart, 256 feet of dock, 7 buoys, camp sites, well protected harbor, good anchorage, water, toilets. Very popular destination and always busy in the summertime. Caution: Boaters should not attempt to enter the harbor at the east end. This entrance is full of rocks and reefs. The only safe entrance is at the west end of Satellite Island.
>Reid Harbor @ Stuart Island:
- #12 - Reid is on the west side of Stuart - easy entrance with chart, about 570+ feet of dock / 2 offshore, 15 buoys, same features as Prevost. You can walk from Reid to Prevost in 3 minutes. Lots of room for anchoring and like Prevost, it's a busy harbor.
- #13 - Northeast of Orcas Island. Overnight moorage & camping (camping reservations call 888-226-7688), toilets, picnic area, lots of beaches. Only the best island in the San Juans!
>Shallow Bay @ Sucia:
- #13 - Northwest Sucia. 8 buoys, good anchorage but don't get too close to the beach due to low tide.
>Fox Cove @ Sucia:
- #13 - Southwest Sucia & south of Little Sucia Island, 4 buoys. Nice little spot.
>Fossil Bay @ Sucia:
- #13 - Could be the most popular bay in Sucia, enter from the south. 16 buoys, 2 docks, great anchorage. good crabbing.
>Echo Bay @ Sucia:
- #13 - The largest of the bays and the most exposed, 2 linear mooring systems, 14 buoys, lots of room to anchor.
- #14 - Southeast of Friday Harbor. 3 buoys - west side, anchorage not great, toilets, good crabbing. This is a great park.
San Juan Islands - Quick Reference Map
San Juan Islands
Washington State Parks offers annual permits which may save you money if you moor at docks, floats and buoys multiple nights of the year. Click logo for details.
#1 > Blind Is.
#2 > Clark Is.
#5 > James Is.
#6 > Jones Is.
#11 > Spencer Spit
#12 > Steward Is.
San Juan Islands - Marina Parks - Links and informations
#3 > Deception Pass
#4 > Hope Is.
#7 > Matia Is.
#8 > Patos Is.
#13 > Sucia Is.
#14 > Turn Is.
#90 > Saddlebag Is.
#10 > Skagit Is.
Click number on map for park details