Recreational Boating Information for the Northwest
Deception Pass | Cornet Bay Marina: The marina & State Park Marina is located on the north shore of Whidbey Island behind Ben Ure Island on the east or inside passage of Deception Pass. Enter Cornet Bay from the east side of Ben Ure Island. Pillings mark a dredged channel which leads to the marina and state park and both offer guest moorage.
It is possible to enter the area from the west side of Ben Ure Island but not recommended and should only be attempted at high tide by shallow draft vessles. Guest moorage is limited and limited to vessel size. Recommend calling ahead for availability.
The Deception Pass Marina State Park is located in the bay east of the maria. The marina has guest moorage with over 1100 feet of space. There are also floating docks, not attached to land, off the park dock which can be used for moorage.
The Deception Pass area is home to several protective bays with state mooring buoys.
- Fuel dock: Unleaded & Diesel
- Water & shorepower at marina | Pump out at Deception Pass State Park
- Permanent moorage at Cornet Bay Marina | No guest moorage at marina
- Transient (guest) moorage at State Park moorage float
- Restrooms and both marinas | Showers in walking distance at state park
- Store located at marina | Groceries, bait, tackle, charts, beer & wine
- Stove alcohol, kerosene & propane available
- 5 lane boat launch at state park with good parking
- Picnic areas and hiking trails in the area
- State Park moorage buoys available near boat launch in the bay
The Main Saltwater Access Point for Boaters at
Deception Pass Marina
200 West Cornet Bay Road
Oak Harbor, Wa. 98277
Marina Phone: 360.675.5411
Deception Pass State Park:
VHF 16 to 68
9am - 5pm
Latitude: 48° 23' 42"
Longitude: -122° 37' 16"